Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wild Lettuce- sleep issues

Ok, so I have to admit I have insomnia/sleep issues. I think it is due to the fact I have post traumatic stress disorder, however, in order to help me sleep. I have been looking into herbalism and have come across a herb called Wild Lettuce. Not only does it aid in sleep as a mild sedative, but it also is a pain reliever and many other uses.

On WebMD.com it states thus:


"Wild lettuce is used for whooping cough, asthma, urinary tract problems, cough, trouble sleeping (insomnia), restlessness, excitability in children, painful menstrual periods, excessive sex drive in women (nymphomania), muscular or joint pains, poor circulation, swollen genitals in men (priapism), and as an opium substitute in cough preparations."

It also is known to relieve headaches, and mild back pain. I really think this Herb can help me in many areas. Especially with headaches and sleep. And who knows maybe headaches are also a result from sleep deprivation?

In any case I have also prepared a sachet that I hold under my pillow embedded as a spell to help with sleep.

The herbs I mixed were rosemary, rose buds/petals, marjoram, basil (for protection in my dreams while I sleep), thyme, wild lettuce, sage, and lavender.

Then I put an amethyst stone in the sachet too and a blue stone to promote calmness of mind. Then I lit a blue candle  and a white candle and imagined myself falling deep asleep that will help me get rested for my day and seeing myself full of energy. Then I said outloud:

Goddess I pray to you now so that I may have restful sleep
so that I will be full of energy for going about my day,
so that my mind is calmed when I'm restless
so that I may sleep and dream good dreams
keep out the bad dreams and protect me while I am dreaming,
Do this so that no one is harmed
If this is your will, so mote it be.


Then I ended the prayer and grounded myself and put the satchet under my pillow. The last few nights I have been sleeping well so I am confident that I was successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment