Friday, July 29, 2011

Hawthorn Berry

Hawthorn Berry is a herb that has many uses. According to this website it states:

Used to promote the health of the circulatory system, treat angina, high blood pressure, congestive heart failure and cardiac arrhythmia and has been found to strengthen the heart. Hawthorn is widely regarded in Europe as a safe and effective treatment for the early stages of heart disease and has been used for a number of ailments including angina, myocarditis, arteriosclerosis, nervous conditions like insomnia, and diarrhea. It has also been indicated for strengthening blood vessels, vascular insufficiency and blood clots, restoring the heart muscle wall,
lowering cholesterol and to aid digestion. 


I picked up some Hawthorn berry at the herbal shop for magical purposes, because its good for firtility for its magical uses, but I may start taking it for medicinal purposes as well because heart disease runs in my family. Probably since I don't have heart disease yet, probably take it weekly and not everyday. Who knows maybe I can get my mom to take Hawthorn berry herbals because she has a lot of issues with her heart and blood pressure. Instead of taking a million pills she only needs to take one or two of the hawthorn berry, or drink tea.  Same with my dad. I intend to get more hawthorn berries to see if it will help out my parents live a little more healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment