Monday, August 15, 2011

My Homemade wand





So I decided to make my own wand. My friend had cut down a bunch of trees and bushes in his yard so I decided to make something of the wood. I thought a new wand would be good. I did it this full moon weekend so I gather its probably a pretty powerful wand.

So how I made this wand goes as follows: First I cut off the part of the branch I wanted. Then I stripped it of its bark and wood diddled it down to the size I wanted with a girl scout swiss army knifeI got when I was like 8. It was pretty sharp.

After that I then sanded it to make it all nice and smooth. Once sanded I cleaned up the shavings and the saw dusty wood specks off of the stick. Then I looked up how to spell my name in runes and burned them into the wood with a small wood burner tool. Also I put near the tip, the runes Id like to corporate into my daily life. Then drew the pentacle on there last.

The last step of my wand was to stain it and put finish on it from the color I wanted. I tainted my wand a red oak color. However, I didn't read all of the directions so I had like spots on there that are darker than others, and some of it partially erased the runes but the wood was still indented and can still see it. The final pictures of the product are down below.



No comments:

Post a Comment